The Municipal Office has moved locations. We are now located at:
14 Water Street East (Post Office Building)
Our mailing address has also changed. All mail correspondance can be sent to: Town of NEMI P0. Box 608 Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
FOOD HANDLER'S WORKSHOP
Presented by the Sudbury & District Health Unit
April 28th at 6pm
Centennial Museum of Sheguiandah.
Location: 10862 Highway 6 in Sheguiandah.
Free event- open to local, community groups and organizations who handle and serve food for special functions, events and fundraisers.
To register or for more information, please contact Heidi at (705) 368-2825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Clean-Up Week
May 11th-17th is Spring Clean-Up Week in NEMI. The landfill site will be open from 11am-7pm Monday to Friday (except Tuesday hours will be 9am to 7pm and Saturday hours will be 9am to 3pm) to make it easier for all of us to get to the landfill site. As was the case in prior years, there will be no curbside pickup in Ward 2, and tipping fees for brush are waived for this period! Other tipping fees will continue to apply. There are no tipping fees for car tires.
E-Billing for Tax Bills
The Town of NEMI will be offering E-Billing for Tax Bills. To sign up, please contact the Municipal Office at (705) 368-3500 to make arrangements.
Please be advised that under current conditions there is the potential for water lines on private property to freeze. It is the town’s policy that when a water line freezes on the home owner’s side of the main shut off (at the street) the home owner shall cover all costs associated with thawing out their water line.
In some cases, it may be prudent to run a small stream of water to prevent freezing; however this practice may result in consumption exceeding the base rate of 45 cubic meters per quarter and result in additional costs for water to the home owner.
How can I reduce the risk of frozen water pipes this winter?
- When the temperature is below freezing, you can leave a cold water tap running at a steady stream of about 6 mm or ¼ inch (approximate thickness of a drinking straw).
- Leave the cupboard doors under your kitchen and bathroom sinks open if piping is located next to exterior walls. Please take care to remove household cleaners and other items that could harm children or pets while the cupboard doors are open.
- Do not turn your furnace below 13 degrees C (55° F) at night or when the house is vacant.
- Shut off and drain pipes leading to outside faucets.
- Wrap foam pipe insulation around pipes most susceptible to freezing (e.g. near outside walls, crawl spaces, attics).
- Seal air leaks in your home and garage, especially in areas where pipes are located.
- If you are away, have someone check your home regularly.
Please click here for the Town of NEMI's Accessibility Plan.
2015 APRIL COMMUNITY CALENDAR
Please click here to access and print the April Community Calendar. To have your organization's/group events included in the May 2015 Community Calendar, please forward event details to hferguson@townofnemi,on.ca or call Heidi at (705) 368-2825.
For a complete listing of community events, please visit our community calendar located on our websites homepage or by clicking HERE.
If you or your community group is hosting an event and would like it advertised on our calendar at no charge, please send all event details to email@example.com or call 705-368-3500 ext.230
For more information regarding community groups, events and contacts, please click on the image below!