The Municipal Office has moved locations. We are now located at:
14 Water Street East (Post Office Building)
Our mailing address has also changed. All mail correspondance can be sent to: Town of NEMI P0. Box 608 Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
Please be advised that under current conditions there is the potential for water lines on private property to freeze. It is the town’s policy that when a water line freezes on the home owner’s side of the main shut off (at the street) the home owner shall cover all costs associated with thawing out their water line.
In some cases, it may be prudent to run a small stream of water to prevent freezing; however this practice may result in consumption exceeding the base rate of 45 cubic meters per quarter and result in additional costs for water to the home owner.
How can I reduce the risk of frozen water pipes this winter?
- When the temperature is below freezing, you can leave a cold water tap running at a steady stream of about 6 mm or ¼ inch (approximate thickness of a drinking straw).
- Leave the cupboard doors under your kitchen and bathroom sinks open if piping is located next to exterior walls. Please take care to remove household cleaners and other items that could harm children or pets while the cupboard doors are open.
- Do not turn your furnace below 13 degrees C (55° F) at night or when the house is vacant.
- Shut off and drain pipes leading to outside faucets.
- Wrap foam pipe insulation around pipes most susceptible to freezing (e.g. near outside walls, crawl spaces, attics).
- Seal air leaks in your home and garage, especially in areas where pipes are located.
- If you are away, have someone check your home regularly.
2015 MARCH BREAK PROGRAMS @
:THE NEMI RECREATION CENTRE:
Location: 9001 Highway 6 in Little Current
Monday, March 16- Family Hockey Game. 10-12 noon. Please register at 9:30am. Full hockey equipment is required. Enjoy a fun, family hockey game with referees.
Tuesday, March 17- St. Patrick's Day Free Skate.11-1pm.
Wednesday. March 18 - Arm & Finger Knitting for Youth- 10-11:30am in the Lion's Den.
Badminton Drop-In Activity in Main Hall 2pm.
Thursday, March 19- Kid Fit Activities. 1-2pm. Please wear non-marking running shoes for this activity.
Friday, March 20- Badminton Drop-In Activity. 11-12 (noon)
Pick-Up Hockey Program. 1-2:30pm. Full equipment & signed waiver is required. On-ice supervision will be provided.
Public Skating- 2:30-4pm. Cost $2.50 students, $3.50 adults.
Saturday, March 21- Free Family Skate. 1-3pm.
Sunday, March 22- Parent & Tot (Under 5 years) Free Skate. 9-10:30am.
NEW Pick-Up Hockey Program for Kids(Public School Aged) at the NEMI Rec. Centre
Free of Charge- Full Equipment and a signed waiver is required to play.
Please click here to access the Pick-Up Hockey Waiver From.
Call the Arena to ensure availability at (705) 368-2825.
Please Note: Sisson Park Outdoor Ice Surface is now OPEN, weather depending. Please use at your Own Risk
Please click here for the Town of NEMI's Accessibility Plan.
2015 MARCH COMMUNITY CALENDAR
Please click here to access and print the March Community Calendar. To have your organization's/group events included in the April 2015 Community Calendar, please forward event details to hferguson@townofnemi,on.ca or call Heidi at (705) 368-2825.
For a complete listing of community events, please visit our community calendar located on our websites homepage or by clicking HERE.
If you or your community group is hosting an event and would like it advertised on our calendar at no charge, please send all event details to email@example.com or call 705-368-3500 ext.230
For more information regarding community groups, events and contacts, please click on the image below!