WELCOME to the Town of LITTLE CURRENT and the Municipality of NORTHEASTERN MANITOULIN AND THE ISLANDS!
The Municipal Office has moved locations. We are now located at:
14 Water Street East (Post Office Building)
Our mailing address has also changed. All mail correspondance can be sent to: Town of NEMI P0. Box 608 Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
ANNUAL NEMI EASTER EGG HUNT
Saturday, April 4, 2015
Centennial Museum of Sheguiandah
10862 Highway 6 in Sheguiandah
Additional Parking on Limit Street (by Museum Park/Playground)
Annual NEMI Volunteer Appreciation Evening
Tuesday, April 14th, 2015
NEMI Recreation Centre- 9001 Highway 6 in Little Current
All volunteers from local community organizations and groups are invited to attend. Please RSVP by April 8th to Heidi Ferguson, Events Coordinator at (705) 368-2825 or email email@example.com
E-Billing for Tax Bills
The Town of NEMI will be offering E-Billing for Tax Bills. To sign up, please contact the Municipal Office at (705) 368-3500 to make arrangements.
Please be advised that under current conditions there is the potential for water lines on private property to freeze. It is the town’s policy that when a water line freezes on the home owner’s side of the main shut off (at the street) the home owner shall cover all costs associated with thawing out their water line.
In some cases, it may be prudent to run a small stream of water to prevent freezing; however this practice may result in consumption exceeding the base rate of 45 cubic meters per quarter and result in additional costs for water to the home owner.
How can I reduce the risk of frozen water pipes this winter?
- When the temperature is below freezing, you can leave a cold water tap running at a steady stream of about 6 mm or ¼ inch (approximate thickness of a drinking straw).
- Leave the cupboard doors under your kitchen and bathroom sinks open if piping is located next to exterior walls. Please take care to remove household cleaners and other items that could harm children or pets while the cupboard doors are open.
- Do not turn your furnace below 13 degrees C (55° F) at night or when the house is vacant.
- Shut off and drain pipes leading to outside faucets.
- Wrap foam pipe insulation around pipes most susceptible to freezing (e.g. near outside walls, crawl spaces, attics).
- Seal air leaks in your home and garage, especially in areas where pipes are located.
- If you are away, have someone check your home regularly.
FOOD HANDLER'S WORKSHOP
Presented by the Sudbury & District Health Unit
April 28th at 6pm
Centennial Museum of Sheguiandah.
Location: 10862 Highway 6 in Sheguiandah.
Free event- open to local, community groups and organizations who handle and serve food for special functions, events and fundraisers.
To register or for more information, please contact Heidi at (705) 368-2825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW Pick-Up Hockey Program for Kids(Public School Aged) at the NEMI Rec. Centre
Free of Charge- Full Equipment and a signed waiver is required to play.
Please click here to access the Pick-Up Hockey Waiver From.
Call the Arena to ensure availability at (705) 368-2825.
Please be advised that garbage pick-up regularly scheduled for April 3rd, is cancelled due to the Easter Holiday and will be picked up On April 2nd, 2015.
Please click here for the Town of NEMI's Accessibility Plan.
2015 MARCH COMMUNITY CALENDAR
Please click here to access and print the March Community Calendar. To have your organization's/group events included in the April 2015 Community Calendar, please forward event details to hferguson@townofnemi,on.ca or call Heidi at (705) 368-2825.
For a complete listing of community events, please visit our community calendar located on our websites homepage or by clicking HERE.
If you or your community group is hosting an event and would like it advertised on our calendar at no charge, please send all event details to email@example.com or call 705-368-3500 ext.230